Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Going to the chapel to pray

It dawned on me recently that it is uncommon to hear people announce that they're going to pray.

Ordinarily, one hears of visits to the doctor, the store, the ballgame, the parent meeting . . .

What about an appointment with the Creator to chill and calm down, to "be still and know that I am God," as the Hebrew Scriptures note, and the psalms repeat?

Research tells of the healing powers of praying time.

Hospital patients heal up faster knowing that someone is praying for them.

People, in general, it seems to me who pray the liturgy of the hours, the offical prayer of the Church, daily devotionals, or, simply sit still in their favored form of prayer, are better off, and,
well.

If you have a routine of prayer each day, let me know at sacredheartroseville@saintly.com please.

What's your experience, or that of the youngsters in your home, or, the older sages who know the value of prayer like my own parents who taught me how to connect with the Creator often
during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment