Saturday, May 12, 2012

All I Got from Mother

All I got from mom was a reminder to shut the door after opening it.

Mom said to wear clean underwear always.

She said to be to school on time.

Mother may I?

I asked and all I got was dinner, three square, on time, home cooked, with her delicious chocolate cake she made from scratch.

All I got from that were friends who could smell that cake and her sizzling, baked apple and cherry piece.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I got encouragment from mom.  All I ever got.

All I ever got from mom was when she walked to school in Cheboygan, Michigan, her sandwich greased with lard would fall in the creek.

We walked three miles to schools, mom always told the seven of us kids when we want 25 cents for the DSR bus on Van Dyke to Miller on Detroit's east side.

All I got from mom was be whatever you want, but be good at it!

Stop fighting, that's all she ever said to Bob, Lucas and me!

Come on in before dark and the street lights go on!

Get your homework done now!

Clean your room.

Don't run!

Study.

Love.

That's all I got from mom.

I miss you since you passed over in 1975 dear mom.  And brother Butch also.  But your love for all of us was bountiful.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment