Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Clutter

How easy it is to collect books and other items that fill my garage.

Stockpiling, however, is not a good thing. But, I like to collect, you say? I do also, admittedly. Guilty.

So, yesterday I took to the task and loaded up over fifteen boxes of books and other
unused occupiers of my garage and delivered them to the St. Vincent DePaul Society in
Clinton Township, MI., not far from where I reside in Harrioson Twp.

Summer is a good time for cleaning clutter. At least, I think so. Doing it early before work when it is cooler outside, or in the garage helps me get the task done. Seriously!

For years, books were piled in bookcases filling space in my single-car garage of my 800 square foot condominium near the pastoral Metropolitan Beach, among Michigan's best lakes.

Now, I oversee the space that is cleared of books and other matter, admiring it.

I even feel lighter as I let go of items.

Others will read the books and enjoy other items tossed up the road to the St. Vincent DePaul Society that has helped others for decades now in Motown and metro Detroit.

That makes me happy.

Believers call it sharing our stockpile. It's good for the soul, spiritual giants and gurus have claimed down throug the ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment