Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hospitality and Holy Week's Hostility

Fire Top Grill.

Now, that's quite the restaurant on Hoover at Thirteen Mile Road in Warren, MI.

While hostility met Jesus all the way to Calvary this holiest of weeks in the Christian calendar, hospitality spilled over at this welcoming feeding spot north of Detroit.

I approached the door of Fire Top Grill and a waitress welcomes my boyhood friend and me.

Awesome.

At no other place have I experienced such a greeting as I enter a restaurant, let alone a church for that matter.

Nice, I thought.

Sweet, in fact.

Go figure.

The owners, Tony and Marco, are remarkable Albanian men who manage other restaurants, including one in Somerset Mall in Troy, MI., clear across town from Fire Top Grill.

How refreshing is this site.

Smiles, handshakes, pats on the back, and more. Much more.

Gracious servers.

Observant. Attentive. Ready.

Unlike the hostility that Jesus experienced, I was moved by my encounter here with such hospitality.

I'll be back.

With Arnold, of course.

Who did you think I'd invite?

No comments:

Post a Comment