Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rising Together for the Children of this Nation

I must admit I am ashamed of the silence on changing gun laws to prevent further carnage of our children in America.

In my self, I have sensed a silence I do not like.  Cold cruelty I cannot tolerate.  The cruelty we show toward each other must be faced.  A restlessness stirs within me over the need for gun control laws.

Thinking only of myself, what I have, is far from what greatness is all about.
The silence of our President, our churches and synagogues, our selves, and our sisters and brothers is disturbing.

Because our second amendment allows for guns is no reason to back down and be silent.  The context there had no idea of the massive arsenal at our disposal of high-tech weapons.

We can expect more of each other as Americans.

These childen are our brothers and sisters.  We are tied together.

While Japan, and other nations do not allow guns from the start, we claim a right to them.

No wonder we are in the situation we are.

We must rise together NOW before the next massacre, and the NEXT one. And, the one after that.

In union we must press our leaders to change the gun laws now, so help us God!

No comments:

Post a Comment