Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mothers

Mothers are special.

They are.

My own mom comes to mind with Mother's Day coming Sunday.

Although her life ended with cancer at 54, my mom's life was a full one.

With two sets of twins and seven of us children, my mom went without often so that her children could have food, shoes, and more.

She gave so much of herself.

To the end of her days, she was a blessing, and, a joy.

Raised on a farm in Cheboygan, MI., in a merged family, my mother came to Detroit to work while still a teen. 

I recall how she would tell us of her various jobs working and cleaning homes in the Jewish community, and more.  Dad also came to Detroit early in life from a farm in Port Austin, MI.

Home-made foods were always on mom's mind.  From scratch she made chocolate cake with real flour, and more. 

Apple and cherry pies attracted my brother's, and, my own friends.

Life was good with mom at the center, and, dad supporting her always.

No comments:

Post a Comment