Monday, September 8, 2014

Swanson Funeral Home's Prayerbook for Everybody

Everybody's Prayer Book.

I like it.

Others seem to also.

Swanson Funeral Home published it.

While I was borrowing a casket for the Second Annual Urban/Suburban Unity Walk recently, I asked O'Neil D. Swanson if I could have some to hand to people I minister with at Larned and Chene near Jefferson in downtown Detroit.

He gave me a couple hundred.

I was impressed that a funeral home would have such a prayer book and begin with a description of prayer.

"Prayer has been described as conversation with God," the book begins.

It also speaks of prayer as an obligation.

It does.

A Morning Offering follows.

In 16 pages, Everybody's Prayer Book, ends with a Prayer for the Home:

Visit, we beseech Thee, O Lord, this house,
and drive from it all the snares of the enemy.
Let Thy Holy Angels dwell herein, to preserve us in peace;
and, may Thy blessing be upon us forever, through Jesus Chrst Our Lord.

Amen.

Swanson Funeral Home in Detroit has been around a long time.

They seem to realize how daily prayer is key to prosperity, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment