Saturday, August 6, 2011

Early

Early in the morning is always significant, and telling, to be sure.

It's still dark out this fresh Saturday morning. The sun has not greeted us. Dim glimpses of light poke through the cloudy sky. Yet, dark hovers.

And, Woof and Wolf, my Bichon Frises pups quickly move up the street, across the wet, shiny blades of of green grass. They enjoy and relish the new day.

Are they awaiting the sun like me?

Perhaps. I don't know.

Savoring the seconds they have to walk with me seems enough for them.

Running, jumping, grabbing the leash - that's their agenda. A lone focus for them.
Fun seems to be what they are about dashing here and there as they give me a workout.

We near the end of Waterway Drive in Harrison Township. The boys are panting now.
Slower. More steady they walk ever so gently.

Thirsty, I'm sure.

Like me, they thirst and long for light. For signs of a new day penetrating the good globe
as the sun will appear shortly from the East, over my balcony where some connection with
the Creator pauses me.

O happy day!

Yet, after the still time, a visit to Angela Hospice will happen early this morning.

Life lives long everywhere it seems. Short some also.

Early.

Early in the morning they went to the tomb and found that He was gone.

Rising early, before God? I doubt it.

What a wonderful world, to borrow from Louis Armstrong.

Praise be the Maker and Earth's debut once more for me, for you, for everyone we meet this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment