Friday, August 26, 2011

Night Life, Traffic Moving

While driving to the Dollar Store for odds and ends the other night, with others behind me, cars stopped for the stop sign.

Huddled nearby were youngsters on either side of Beaconsfield Road in Clinton Township, MI.

Suddenly, as cars moved forward, stones against metal was heard. I stopped. Suddenly.
As I looked back with my door open, they appeared innocent on my side of the road. With cars behind me, I couldn't afford to assess the other side where the pellets probably appeared.

Night life.

Traffic.

"I don't take my dog out in the dark. There's too much traffic," a regular passerby said to me
yesterday morning at the break of dawn.

Nothing to do? Just hanging around corners. Perhaps, bored, and more, I thought.


Like we were for a moment or two. Then, we played touch football in the street. I hardly see
that anymore. Although I did see two little girls each bouncing a ball facing each others last
Sunday. Alone . . . together. Interesting!

Do children enjoy the summer sun anymore? Wasting time may be fine but when trouble at the expense of others brews, I don't know.

I remember laying on the blades of plush green grass looking up into the sky and clouds.

Awed by it all, I recalled what later in life became Psalm 91. It's about the Creator protecting us.
It notes to be unafraid for God is already there for us tomorrow.

Those words I appreciate as life unfolds.

But, the youngsters who are always supervised these days, it seems, at least at school, may have need of parental observations.

Do parents know where their kids are?

Clearly when school begins in days, parents will be assured that distinguished teachers will be there watching them.

God also.

No comments:

Post a Comment