Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life's Schedule Today

My dad always wondered what I do all day?

He was quick to tell others: "I hope my son gets a real job!"

Of course, dad worked daily farming, and using his hands, in Port Austin, MI., like mom who hailed from Cheboygan, MI., where her family farmed also.

Each day is different, for sure.

This morning, after some connect time with the Creator, I met with Cher and Joe who will be married in October at SS. Peter and Paul Jesuit Church on Jefferson, downtown in Detroit.
They told me about the preparation they are getting in Virginia where Joe lives, and Cher who is a lawyer like Joe, her fiancee. Natural Family Planning is appreciated by them. The discipline, they told me helps them to plan to have or not have children. They both want children, they said.
To get to the parish on time, I left by 10 am from Harrison Twp., MI., where I reside, near 16 Mile and Jefferson.
Our 11 am appointment was running close to 11:40 am for daily Mass there. Cher and Joe participated and sat in the front pew.
Mass ended. I spent some time in thanks and left for a quick breast of chicken enroute to Livonia to see the chiropractor for a toe that stiffened some over time. I thought it was arthritus so I began to accept that and live with it until I passed Marcoux Chiropractic on Middlebelt near Woodhaven Nursing Center where I had been visiting weekly or more.

"Marcoux?" I asked. He was a parishioner at St. Christine in Brighmoor on Lahser and Fenkell back in 80s. He said he couldhelp after we caught up some. This second treatment of the toe worked again.

From there I went to Angela Hospice in Livonia, and visited a few patients where their days are dimming fast. They wrestle with the "last things." Heaven, for example, unless they have other plans.

From there I headed west on Eight Mile Road across town to Livernois where I made a pastoral call on Berkley Street near 7 Mile and Livernois in the Sherwood Forest historic district of Detroit.
After an hour, I headed to Sacred Heart Church in Roseville, MI., to fetch three boxes of file folders of notes from classes I taught over time. Loading them up in my Jeep I steered home on Gratiot to 13 Mile Road and I-94, picked up my mail and pulled into the garage.

Ready to chill some, I ate some cheese and put on the chicken soup I made last night.

I answered e-mails and had some soup, sat long, then headed to the lazy boy chair and prayed some before I watched TV shows and the news and dozed off a bit.

Woof and Wolf, my fluffy pristine white Bichon Frises wanted to walk so we went out for a trek around the condo complex where I live.

Then, I unpacked the boxes of file folders from the car, re-arranged some books in the garage, and, settled into my e-z chair to watch a special on people who had near-death experiences.

Then, some quiet reflecting, and, I'll ready myself for a night's sleep.

It all begins again in the morning, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment