Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This Present Pressed People to Simply Show Up

I miss her already.

Last thing I did before I dozed off last night was say a prayer to God and Eleanor Josaitis.

God knows her last name, but I wasn't sure all my blog readers did.

Eternal rest, I said, grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine on her.

And, on us, I added.

We need her light, little, large, whatever.

She was a blessing and a present to us all for 79 years. Pressed into being the CEO of Focus:HOPE after Father William Cunnigham, the other instigator who co-counded this
superb bond-building organization that was a job czar for Detroit and Michigan. It trained thousands of young women and men who were edged out of the market based on the color, not the content of their character.

Pressed she was. And, Focus:HOPE pressed on in this gift, this present of a person who died early Tuesday morning in Angela Hospice in Livonia, MI.

She pressed people to be and be better and bigger and bolder. She did.

Eleanor Josaitis pushed back the boulder of fear faced off in so many people. She and those filled with fear won over the enemy that held them back, shut them down, kept them from encountering people of a different accent, religion, race.

She pressed for the mix to be together and enjoy diversity and color and . . .

I miss her already.

What will I do without her now?

Well, I will still talk to her. Her heaven will be spent on earth doing good, and I want to be among that number.

This saint.

Where will I begin?

I will start by simply showing up to make a difference just for today as Eleanor's little black devotional page for each day noted, and she gripped with engagement to hear from a visitor
willing to pray.

Press me more to show up, O God, and Eleanor!




No comments:

Post a Comment