Monday, December 30, 2013

William Easton

Talk about an enjoyable guy who happened to be a pastor for close to four decades.

Bill Easton is that kind of guy.

Articulate, friendly, upbeat, and more.

That's Bill.

I enjoyed working with him on councils and committees in Pontiac, MI., and beyond.

At 69 he was rushed to the hospital December 20th and died yesterday, according to reports.

When I heard the news on WWJ on the way home from Livonia, I whispered a prayer and relished memories of this spirited leader.

At Clergy Village and the assisted living facility, Bill's dog accompanied him to see ailing pastors.
Father Tom Villerot lit up when he he'd see the dog.  Many would.

I will miss him.

Many will, I'm sure.

He was a pastor of pastors who seemed to love life to the fullest.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment