Friday, January 16, 2015

Dr. King, Jr.

I have a dream.

Those words of the iconic Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr., ring loud in my heart and soul.

They do.

A dream delayed, however.

It is.

With ISIS now and a seemingly ambiguous decisiveness to take them out on the part of our Commander in Chief, I have to wonder about the dream.

King wondered whether his four little children would be judged by the content of their character rather than by the color of their skin.

He did.

I still wonder.

Steps forward.

More back, it seems.

Yet, the evergreen virtue of hope hastens my steadfast to keep on walking the talk, the dream.

Yes!

Amid so many children left out, pressed down and poor, how can one not wonder.

With the normalization of illegitimate children spiking daily, who will speak for them when their parents abandon, fathers forget, and moms are left carrying the child in the womb and outside it.

Teetering marital relationships must be addressed in a politically-correct culture that has some attorney wanting to crush commitments, and, the I do!





No comments:

Post a Comment