Saturday, April 17, 2010

Good Morning Sunday!

Good day Sunday!

What a Wonderful World, tuned by Louis Armstrong awakens me most mornings. Today included. It is a wonderful world, isn't it? Despite the tosses, turns and tragedies life unfolds for each of us, the bright, fresh sun of each new day warms our being. Embrace today fully. Whistle a happy tune. Or, walk a proud step. Enjoy a hearty, healthy breakfast or lunch whenever your eyes open to life's stage this day.

Relish and savor your roots, family and faith of origin. Who do you enjoy rising with this Sunday morning? Who do you relate with mostly at home? For me, Woof and Wolf, my two Bichon Frises, eight-month-old pups leap high to greet me as I walk into my kitchen. Their vibrancy and youth thrill me no end with life's dawn awakening once more. My heart swells with thanks to God. Praise the Maker of heaven and earth.

Kevin Cavanaugh comes to mind this new day. Yesterday, the Roseville, Michigan resident told me of the death of his 26-year-old daughter in Tennesee. His heart breaks. It breaks open again and again each moment of mourning. I empathize as best I can, and offer my condolences. Fowl play is expected. God rest her!
Then, I think of my Aunt Theresa of Center Line, Michigan. She just had a birthday in her later part of eight decades of living on this earth. Her daughter, Nancy told me of her aches and depressed feelings that come with the pain she feels. Her sister Margaret was buried only weeks ago. There is a lot of hurt around each of us.

Life doesn't seem fair. Yet, we don't deal the cards. I learn to accept this fresh day with new hurts, but, joys also that will come my way with a visit to my brother, Bob in Port Austin later this morning after Mass, followed by a visit to my cousin Theresa and Leonard, and lunch together. A long-time friend who I grew up with on Detroit's east side will accompany me up North in Michigan's thumb area. Paul Domenick knows his joys and sorrows also. My dad's roots are deep in Port Austin. He was born there and an orphan at six months old when his birth mom died of tuberculosis. My mother hails from Cheboygan, Michigan, another farming town. Her large family of twelve altogether with her siblings came to Detroit for work during the Depression. My parents had two sets of twins with seven youngsters altogether. We were far from perfect. But, we had each other and learned to share the little we had. Both parents worked jobs to make ends meet. I'm better for them. We all are.

I relish those roots and relationships this holy Sunday of the Easter season and Spring's awakening to the tunes of birds singing wildly over Lake Saint Clair where I live in Harrison Township, Michigan, north of my native Detroit where I was raised.

Welcome this day, will you? Be all you can be. You have a right to be here. God made you the magnificent human being you are whether you believe that or not. Enjoy yourself and others. Life is short. Squeeze every drop of breath out of life's preciousness and today's breeze and cool air.

Good morning Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment