Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A NEIGHBOR'S CALL TO ACTION, TEA PARTIES

Roots, relationships and reflections.
That seems to be what my neighbor's been about most of his seven decades of life.
My neighbor is a Presbyterian elder, a father of five children, an Ohio State grad, and a Navy officer.
One witnesses routines of neighbors. Sundays while walking snow-white Woof and Wolf, my 8-month-old Bichon Frise pups, I see these neighbors carrying their bibles to Knox Presbyertian Church in Harrison Township where they reside next door to my home.

After Mass downtown at SS. Peter and Paul Jesuit Church, and, a visit with my spiritual director, I was rolling the garbage bin into my garage when Deane warmly greeting me with my pastoral title: "Hi, Father Larry!"

A student of history with a marketing degree, Deane was enthusiastic about telling me about hishandbook just published by OutskirtsPress.com, and wanted me to savor its contents. Its star-studed cover read: Your 2010 economic-political-cultural platform that stops and reverses the fiscal and moral disaster we're sliding into now.

Entitled: Stop the Slide. Renew America. America's 74-year slide down the slippery slope has gone too far! The 2010 platform inside will turn D.C. upside down...renew our economy, politics and godly morals! This 181-page tome is complete with the U.S. Constitution, the ten commandments, and 15 points on how to renew America with a citizen call to action. It's complete with a "how to" section listing addresses of government representatives and more.

It's good to know my neighbor is watching out for America and me. A respector of deep roots of our founding fathers and this Christian nation, R.Deane Presar wants local Tea Parties to gather all around town. His clarion call to action invites neighbors and businesses to a national conversation whether it's about the good immigration will do, stopping spending and balancing the budget, restoring U.S. to citizen government, ending abortion, or killing the entitlements, to name a dew issues outlined in his chapters.

Roots, relations and reflections. My neighbor and I chatted about problems this platform addresses. Every town hall, synagogue, church and mosque could lead like my neighbor. R. Deane Presar handed me his handbook for a nation at risk. He cares deeply. We all should.

Let the Tea Parties begin igniting roots and neighborly relations for the common good again, and this Nation we love.

1 comment: