Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dear Young Persons Who Are Gay: A Letter

Dear Young People Who Are Gay:

Please don't ever give up even though I know how difficult it may be for you.

How sad I am that some have committed suicide after having been bullied by some who should know that we are all God's children, made in the Makers image and likeness.

I know people say you choose who you are. People, at times, don't know what they are talking about. A little education may be dangerous. One can become a know it all when research shows that who we are is formed in the the earliest years of our life.

I am sorry.

It hurts when I hear about suicides of any person, let along some who are gay.

Please know that I will talk with you if you need support when someone scorns you.

It takes time to accept who you are as a creation of God. Be patient along the way and don't give up...ever. You are gifted like all humans are. You are special like each person inhabiting this earth for some few years.

Over time, with the help of loving friends and others, hopefully family also, it becomes easier to be who you are.

I know. I do.

You are in my prayers when I connect with the Creator daily.

Call me at 586 777 9116 if I can be of help.

Really. I mean it. Don't think twice. Be of good cheer. I want to help.Give a call please.

Sincerely Yours,


(Rev.) Lawrence Ventline, D.Min.
Board Certified Professional Counselor
Founder, Care of the Soul, and the
All Faiths Festival (AFF)
www.interfaithwork.com
586 530 7576

1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that you write this blog post is amazing! I am a Catholic, and I know many people think that all Catholics and Christians altogether believe that all homosexuals are going to hell. I have a friend who contemplated committing suicide because he was sick of Christians condemning him. And I'm really glad that other Christians share my view point -- that treating others like this really isn't Christian at all.

    ReplyDelete