Friday, November 11, 2011

All have right to life, liberty

All have the right to life, liberty.

That's what I heard on WWJ All News Radio 950 in the voice of U.S. Congressman Hansen Clarke. Clarke, a passionate believer in people was to have said that in Elmwood Cemetary in Detroit this Vet's Day.

All do.

Yes, in and outside the womb, all have the right to life and liberty.

Life's trek is too precious for any of us mortals to decide to end it, although defense, among other reasons have always been part of Catholic social teaching down through the ages from Saint Augustine of Hippo to Saint Thomas Acquinas to more recent official teaching.

Life.

Liberty.

How can I stand up for life in and outside the womb?

How do I live my breathing moments today and tomorrow may help me respond to the query.

No comments:

Post a Comment