Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A prayer during Lent

O God,

While walking these days of Lent I pray you nudge me to be present to you and your way.

These 40 days of change, morphing and mending aim to help me celebrate Easter with a new enthusiasm.

Let me take these days seriously.

Help me connect with you more intently in prayer, fasting and almsgiving.

The way of the cross and the stations I walk remind me of the suffering Jesus suffered to show each of us how to give, forgive, and live life fully in you.

As I near the three great days of the Triduum, Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, I am reminded of this retreat for all believers.

Help me to hold close these days.

Lead me on with you.

I need to change as you invite followers to do so daily.

With help from Mary, Mother of God, mother of the Church, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment