Thursday, September 23, 2010

Daily Self Care

This is your life.

It's the only one I get.

So. . .

How do I live each day? What do I do? How am I to be? How do I live it well?

I must pause. That is, I must get off the fast track that leads to destruction.

Pausing means I fully focus and ponder the moment I am experiencing. I stop, look, and listen.

As with a red traffic light, I stop, so, I need to pause daily for recreation of body, mind and spirit.

What's in it for me?

Quality of life, for sure. Less stress. More enjoyment.

Half way to Port Austin, Michigan, I begin to chill and feel differently as I relax driving in my Jeep to visit my brother in the Thumb of this beautiful state.

Frenetic and stressed, I find that that is dumped midway. Calm overcomes me.

I let go of worry.
I smile more.
I enjoy my passenger, Wolfie, my four-legged Bichon Frise puppy.

The rest of the day is a delight.

I connect with the Creator, and, give thanks for the duration.

Supper consists of a toasted chicken sandwich, a salad, some nuts, and tomato slices with apple cider vinegar and olive oil.

Reading follows.

Conversation and visits ensue.

A walk with Wolfie wraps up the night.

I rest.

I trust all will be well.

I sleep eight hours and am awakened refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment