Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Jeep Drivers Waving Wranglers Club

My blue Wrangler Sport Jeep seems to attract passersby.

Other Wrangler drivers wave as we pass or ride in lanes next to each other on the expressway
or elsewhere.

When the waving Wranglers first began to acknowlede me, I felt strange.

Nevertheless, being polite, I would wave back.

At first, when the waving began, I thought it was a fad that would pass.

What was it?

Why were Wrangler waving at me?

Was it my bright blue color that engaged their eyes?

Couldn't be this 61-year-old driver, could it, I wondered?

My Wrangler waver issue was mentioned to some friends in Roseville, MI., the other night at supper.

One of the six said:

"Jeep owners have an entire line of items that link all Wranglers. They meet. They have mugs.
They have conventions."

Cool, I thought.

There you have it.

Sounds strange, doesn't it? But, it's true, believe me, or get a Jeep and find out for yourself.

It is nice to be noticed.

Nicer to exchange the wave from my blue Wrangler Jeep.

Is it a club or a cult, I asked myself the other night on my way home from Novi, where I mentioned this experience to other priests.

No one commented.

The high-spirited enthusiasm drowned out my gentle voice, I guess.

Glad the Wrangler wavers pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment