Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Darkness and Light

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.

How true.

When I think that revenge will satisfy this human heart I quickly come to my senses to affirm that on God's light will rid the world of evil.

Evil seems everywhere these days.

It does.

The recent Boston Marathon bombers come to mind.

The darkness in my own heart where sin sits.  In homes where violence in all its forms reside.

Sacred Scripture, nonetheless, assures of the lone force that can rid this world of darkness and dreaded deeds.

Light.

Mahatma Ghandi's words swell within also when I weaken and lose courage to doubt.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.  There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall," Ghandi assures me.

There's hope.

Always.

With a glimmer of light.

Even a little light will do to drive out the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment