Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memphis and Memorial Day

Memorial Day marks memory of men and women who
live and die for this Nation.

To do or die and not to ask, why?

At the Lorraine Hotel in Memphis, TN., the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,
museum, this Sunday, had me wondering about warriors, martyrs, and, more.

My brother, Lucas Ventline, killed in Vietnam in '68 also emerged in my mind.

Why war?

Why so much more?

One can imagine ways out of the most primitive ways to settle conflict with others, and, waging war.

Will we?

The will to live, or, the will to die?


What do we want more?

Life, or, death?

We must imagine more.

As King, Jr. said, we learn to live together or we die alone.

I will say a pray this Memorial Day.

And, I will ask why?

The truth will set us free.

Truth in a land that would rather lie, it seems.

God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment