Sunday, November 25, 2012

When Death Happens in the Neighborhood

Molly Bish was a high school lamb of God kidnapped and murdered in West Warren, Massachusetts decades ago.

Her parents were my friends.  My sister, Patti, went to cosmetoogy school in Hamtramck with Molly's mom, and, John and I attended Saint Mary's College, Orchard Lake.

Still can't get that horror out of my mind.

In fact, Molly photo adorns my office study at home.

She is the face and faith of every child, each lamb of God.

And, of course, Molly's parents were devastated. 

They set off on a whole new trek through life.

They still live in depression.

That's swallowed grief.

They severed ties with friends.

They experienced health issues and more losses as a family.

Predators do enormous harm to humans.

They do.

Let us pray:

Lamb of God,
You take away the sins of the world.
Have mercy on us, on Molly Bish, on
the one(s) who murdered her brief trek
on earth.

Grant her parents peace.

For remission I pray for the tragic, and burdensome toil of our sinful world.

Give comfort amid terror, among other lambs of God led to the slaughter daily, moment by moment, it seems in my Motown,
in my Harrison Township.

Heal hurt and help us see the Light.

Comfort the sorrowful through others, me walking in support of so much loss and lessening and dminishment of life here.

Heaven help us.

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment