Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Skipping Easter

I am.

Now, why would someone skip Easter March 31, 2013?

Why?

I don't want to deal with the tension, the bunnies, the markets, cooking, and the Easter parade again.

I'm skipping Easter.

That's the title of my latest tome to be out before Easter.

Falls and rises.

That's the subtitle.

Since Easter is taken for granted, skipping it once, will help me appreciate its importance for me.

I think I take for granted the suffering, dying and rising that is the paschal mystery, the package we boy into at baptism as believers.

Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday/Easter Sunday are a major retreat for every parish.
Yet, it seems that few parishes encourage parishioners to observe a retreat based on the themes of these most holy days.

Watch for my reasons.

Why I'm skipping Easter this year - this is exciting, at least for me.

I'll have plenty of time on my hands, furthermore.

Who needs Easter?

Skip it for once.

Will you?

1 comment:

  1. I will not be skipping Easter this year or any year. The resurrection of Jesus is a big deal.

    Bunnies? Tension? Guess I've been too focused on being thankful for my salvation to notice all that.

    I must say, I will be interested to read your reasons for skipping Easter.

    ReplyDelete