Friday, March 7, 2014

Ukraine, Shakespeare and the Presidents

"I will do such things -- what they are, yet I know not, but they shall be the terrors of the earth," said William Shakespeare in King Lear.

Our U.S. President's posture on Putin's Russian aggression mirrors these words.

Like King Lear's bad daughters, the Russian President may not be intimidated by empty words and gestures.

History, literature, religion and the arts, have a way of reflecting terror's voices.

Like my own parent's voice.  When mom was loud and clear I shuttered and knew there were consequences for my behavior. 

And, follow through from dad, together with my dear mother of seven, including two sets of twins.

A people perish without a plan, the prophet said.

Like Lent's 40-day trek, I have to have a plan.

And, I do a daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment