Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Season Through Mid-January

Christmas is like holy matrimony.  It's more than one day, or, the day of the wedding for the bride and the groom. 

Christmas is a season through Epiphany, and, the baptism of Jesus, the Savior, Christians revere.

A joy-filled time, believers relish the days of the Christmas tide.

At least, I do.

I catch up on inviting acquaintances, or, friends, over to my place for a home-cooked meal.

Little gifts are given to some, including my family.

And, a relaxed pace fills my being fully, it seems.

That's enjoyable.

The season merits twelve days of celebrating.

After all, God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son, as the Gospel of John, notes on placards and signage at ball parks across the globe.

Love is like that.

Good news, indeed.

In fact.

Long,  like a marriage that grows with deep respect for one's spouse.

Christmas season. 

I savor it.

No comments:

Post a Comment