Sunday, December 30, 2012

Just Don't Do It!

Is it that simple?

Just don't do violence if you want to stop it.

For sure.

If I don't want to pick a fight with you, I won't start one.

I change my mind.

And, when I change my mind, my way is changed.

I walk down another street, you may say.

Yes.

Violence, like a snowball, is shaped with snowflakes rolled up in a ball, altogether, like violence.

It gets its energy from anger and hate that stems from within one's self.

There is no other way.

Either I morph, and, help mend the wounded in street or war violence, or, like a rolling snowball,
I add to the force of evil.

Take Chicago, for example.

500 dead this year.  That's the highest number of murders since 2008.

Portia Nelson's story seems like the way out.

When violence wants to emerge its ugly head, go down another street.  That way, one avoids ereuption emerging from within one's erupting inner life that is far from peace.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall inherit the land.  Jesus said that.

His own native land is wrought with evil violent acts now.

To stop the slaughter, one needs to walk another way.  "I am the way, the truth, and the life,"  Jesus also said.

He is the way.

I'll walk that way.

Will you go with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment