Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day One


Today's Lent calls me to make it a start that is decidely different than other ordinary days of the year.

At Mass, musical instruments are to be used seldomly and only to support congregational music.

"At the cross her station keeping stood the mournful mother weeping," is the hymn written on people's hearts and needs no keyboard.

Chicken soup was being cooked in the parish hall as the aroma filled my nostrils.

It surprised me to learn that the soup would be served Friday - a day without meat, as regulations stipulate.

How is Lent felt differently at home?

Less TV.

No e-mailing.

More intense prayer.

Fasting.

Alms giving.

Slowly, I'm getting into this penitential season.

I so want these 40 days to work well for Easter joy deepening within my heart and soul.

Help me, O God, to faithfully trek through one day at a time.

I implore You.

Our help is in the Name of the Lord,

who made heaven and earth.

At the cross her stations keeping,
stood the mournful mother weeping close
to Jesus to the last.

With gusto, people sang that at Mass earlier.

Awesome.

Lent is making its debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment